Friday, March 8, 2013

Charlie's Will

Hi Readers,

[Continued From.... The Last Day of Charlie]

Charlie laughed and replied “You are still the same, no change whatsoever, still you talk so much”. Samantha giggled and said “ You still remember those days”. “Hmm, I do how can I forget the only best days of my life” said Charlie. “Nevertheless, how are you and your wife” said Samantha. Charlie replied “She left me”. Samantha replied shockingly “Again, you won't change Charlie. Well it was good to talk to you Charlie, I have got some work to do may be we can talk later”. “Hmm, ok sure, just one last thing ..... I love you so Much and I am sorry if I hurt you” replied Charlie. Samantha said “Same here, see you bye”.

Charlie was keeping the phone aside when he felt on the ground. Nurse saw him and panicked and called in the doctor. Doctor hurried and checked Charlie's pulse. Doctor said “Oh my god, there is no pulse”. The rest was confirmed by what doctor meant, Charlie was gone, he was dead. Charlie's family was called in to take the body. After finishing formalities of the hospital the body was handed over to them the next day of Charlie's death.

A funeral ceremony was organised and most of Charlie's friends and relative were called in for it. Charlie's body was buried in ground and then his lawyer asked in to every one to stay behind for Charlie's will reading. Lawyer started reading the clauses in Charlie's will one after another. Lawyer said “Clause one: Charlie left a Gold Pocket watch for his friend Ron as his birthday present. Charlie has also asked me to give this letter to you Mr. Ron and he asked me to tell you to read it alone”.

Lawyer then started reading again from where he had stopped. Lawyer said “Second Clause: Charlie has left behind 1 million dollars for his ex-wife. I would request you to come forward Mrs. Samantha and accept the cheque on his behalf”. Samantha started walked towards the podium in confusion. She stepped towards the Lawyer and asked him “ I think I am not the one for whom Charlie asked you to leave so much of money”. Lawyer replied “Yes sure he did and here is the letter he asked me to give to you”.

Lawyer continued paying attention to Charlie's will. Lawyer spoke “ Third Clause: Charlie has asked to sell his property excluding his home which he asks to be given to his family. Whatever amount of money is collected from selling his property, it should be divided in three halves; one half should be given to the funds of the hospital where he spent his last days. The second half should be given to his family and the third half to be given to his trust for poor. Well that is it from Charlie's will”. Every one got up from their seat but lawyer continued “sorry ladies and gentlemen but can you all please be seated for a while. There is a letter he wanted me to read to you all”.

[More Continued in .... The 3 Letters of Charlie]

Thanks
Nakul

No comments:

Post a Comment